MS Ortho , FTJA ( India ) , FASM ( India ) , FSSM ( South Korea ) , FAOA ( Australia ) , PGR ( USA )
He is the Consultant Shoulder , Elbow and Knee surgeon at Ortho One Orthopaedic Speciality Centre, Coimbatore .
He Completed his Masters in Orthopaedics in the year 2012 and was awarded Gold medal for being the Annamalai University topper. Following his graduation , he was awarded Fellowship In Joint Replacement Surgery by Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University at Ortho One Orthopaedic Speciality Centre, which triggered a series of professional excellence in his career. Completing the Joint Replacement Fellowship under Dr.K.Vinodh, he was offered another Fellowship at Ortho One Orthopaedic Speciality Centre i.e., Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine , through which he was exposed to the world of minimally invasive surgeries of Shoulder , Elbow, Knee and Ankle joints. Under the supervision of Dr.David .V. Rajan he was trained completely in Knee Arthroscopic surgery. It was during this tenure , he happened to develop immense interest in the field of research and so was successful in publishing one international research in Journal Of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Finishing his Fellowship training in India , he expanded his Academic Endeavour in Shoulder care surgeries at the prestigious Samsung Medical Centre , Seoul. He was trained by Prof. Jae Chul Yoo who is an International authority in Shoulder and Elbow care surgery. Under the care of Prof. Yoo , he was exposed to various aspects of Shoulder surgeries especially Shoulder Joint Replacement as Prof. Yoo was the leading surgeon in the number of Shoulder Joint Replacements done in Seoul those days. Working with Prof. Yoo he was successful in publishing another International research in Journal Of Shoulder And Elbow Surgery.
Steady progress in academic achievements paved way for his opportunity to work with Dr.Jonathan Austin Herald , a leading Shoulder and Elbow surgeon in Sydney , Australia. He was selected by the Australian Orthopaedic Association to get trained under Dr.Herald which fine tuned his skills in Shoulder and Elbow Arthroscopy surgeries. Working in the public sector hospital ( Bankstown Public Hospital ), the level of training he achieved was on par with current Shoulder and Elbow specialists. The list of surgeries he was involved includes Shoulder Joint Replacement , Arthroscopy for Rotator Cuff Repair and Instability , Open Latarjet for Instability, Trauma care surgeries of Shoulder and Elbow , Total Elbow Replacement, Arthroscopy of Elbow / Knee / Ankle . He has also completed a course in Rheumatology at John Hopkin’s University , USA , enhancing his abilities in treating patient suffering from arthritis in the most effective manner .
Promoted as the Shoulder, Elbow and Knee surgeon , Dr. Shyam Sundar aims at providing quality health care service for all patients with an uncompromising attitude so as to accomplish results on par with international status. His treatment goal involves , primarily educating the patients about their issue in order to achieve their confidence in the treatment strategy , followed by monitoring their progress on timely basis so as to make sure they get back to pre injury status as early as possible. With the help of an excellent physiotherapy team in Ortho One, majority of his surgical patients are able to get to normal life within the stipulated period of recovery with a high satisfaction index. Currently he is the consultant in charge of Fellows and Fellowship Program at Ortho One Orthopaedic Speciality Centre.
- A study on the outcome of cannulated cancellous screw fixation in impacted femoral neck fracture in elderly : Research publication in tamil nadu orthopaedic association conference – 2011
- Chondromyxoid fibroma of proximal tibia – a case study : Research publication in tamil nadu orthopaedic association conference -2011
- Analysis of conservative and surgical management in lumbar IVDP – Podium presentation in pondicherry orthopaedic association conference -2011
- Does the posterior tibial slope influence the flexion range following total knee arthroplasty? – Podium presentation in tamil nadu orthopaedic association conference -2013
- What is our slope ?. An MRI based double blinded observational study of tibial slope in indian population : podium presentation at Indian Arthroscopy Society 2014 for Conmed Fellowship Award.
- Time for population specific instrumentation for Revision TKR – A CT based study in Indian population : Research Publication in pondichery orthopaedic association conference 2016
- What is our slope ?. An MRI based double blinded observational study of tibial slope in indian population : Publication in Journal of Orthpaedic Surgery 2016
- Rehabilitation Postsurgical Stabilization for Shoulder InstabilityRehabilitation Postsurgical Stabilization for Shoulder Instability : Asian journal of Arthroscopy 2017 Jan-April; 1(1): 3-10
- Retrospective evaluation of the influence of sodium hyaluronate on arthroscopic rotator cuff repair –Research article in review in Journal of International Orthopaedics.
- Clinical and radiologic outcome of arthroscopic rotator cuff repair: single-row versus transosseous equivalent repair : JSES 2017