He had graduated from Madras Medical College, Chennai and obtained Masters in Orthopaedics from Kasturba Medical College, Manipal. He underwent further surgical training in Christian Medical College, Vellore. After gaining experience in trauma surgery, he further specialized in Arthroscopy, trained in ISAKOS Fellowship under Dr. David V. Rajan. He also has fellowships in Sports Science and Orthopaedic Rehab.
His field of interest is Sports Medicine with special interest in Knee and Cartilage surgeries. He is in charge of the Ortho One Prehab Rehab Unit.
An active member of European Society of Knee Surgery & Arthroscopy (ESSKA) and International Cartilage Repair Society (ICRS). Keeps update on current concepts by attending International meetings. He also teaches and updates upcoming arthroscopic surgeons by training fellows and organizes Conferences.
- Determinants of femoral tunnel length in the ACL reconstruction – CT
analysis of the influence of tunnel orientation to its length. Knee Surgery
and Related Research; 2014 Vol. 25(4):207-214.
- Case Report: A Case of Localised Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis presenting
as Loose Body in the Knee Joint. MOJ Orthopaedics & Rheumatology
Journal 2014; Vol 1 (4):00027.
- Articular cartilage flap tear of patella. Journal of case reports 2015;Vol
- Knee and Shoulder injury risk assessment in school level female basketball
players: A cross sectional study. International Journal of Physiotherapy
and Research 2015;Vol3(1):905-10.
- Silk based micro and nanofibrous scaffolds for human meniscal cells attachment.
Journal of biomaterials and Tissue Engineering,May 2014.
- Egg shell membrane- a potential natural scaffold for human meniscal tissue
engineering: An in vitro study. RSC Advances, Sep, 2015.
- A combination of biomolecules enhances expression of E- cadherin and
peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gene leading to increased
cell proliferation in primary human meniscal cells: an in vitro study. Cytotechnology,
- Biomolecule Incorporated Poly-ε-Caprolactone Nanofibrous Scaffolds for
enhanced human meniscal cell attachment and proliferation. RSC Advances,
- High density pellet culture for human knee meniscus tissue formation
using a unique combination of medium. Regenerative medicine 10(7S): 58, Oct 2015.
- Long term follow up of single stage anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
and high tibial osteotomy and its relation with posterior tibial
slope. Archives of Orthopaedics and trauma surgery, April 2016; Vol 136(4):505-511.
- Silk-PVA hybrid nanofibrous scaffolds for enhanced primary human meniscal cell proliferation. The Journal of Membrane Biology. in publication.