Dr. Vidya Sagar had graduated from Andhra Medical College and King George Hospital, Visakhapatnam and obtained Diploma and Masters in Orthopaedics and Traumatology from Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore. He got Dip NB in Orthopaedics from National Board. He worked as Clinical Assistant Surgeon a.k.a Assistant Professor in the same institution. He did fellowship in Arthroplasty and advanced Trauma at Universitat Klinikum, Jena, Germany. He also has fellowships in Foot and ankle surgery from Schulthess Klinik, Zurich, Switzerland.
He has more than 11 years experience as an Orthopaedic surgeon. Previously he has served as a Junior Medical Officer for more than 2 years from August 1999 to February 2002 and as Junior Orthopaedic Consultant for a period from May 2004 to February 2007 and as Senior Orthopaedic Consultant from 2011 to 2015 at Christian Fellowship Hospital, Oddanchatram.
His field of interest is Foot and ankle surgery, Arthroplasty, Deformity correction and Complex trauma surgery.
An active member of IOA, TNOA, and IFAS. Keeps update on current concepts by attending National International meetings. He also teaches and updates upcoming orthopaedic surgeons by training fellows.
- A case study of abnormally thickened common peronial nerve in Hansens Disease Indian Journal of Leprosy 2009
- Collar Bone swellings—A Varied Presentation of Multiple Myeloma ,Jpn J Clin Oncol (2014) 44 (1): 104.
- Osteoblastoma of coracoid process an unusual Vocalese BMJ Case, Ref: 2015 September 29, 2015
- Reconstructive surgery for burn contracture in hand in children (POSI Annual Conference in Vellore)
- Flexion Distraction injuries of spine
- (Annual Conference of Association of Spine Surgeon of India, 2009, Chennai.
- Morphological Analysis of Cage position in PLIF surgery for listhesis of Lumbar spine (Annual Conference of Association of Spine Surgeon of India, 2010, Nagpur)
- Invited Guest lecture- Hallux Valgus-current concepts, TNOACON, 2018.